Monday, August 3, 2009

4th of July

I haven't kept up with my blog very well lately so we are going to take a short trip back in time. These are pictures from the 4th of July. We spent the 4th in Alamo and did the small town thing, which I think we do every year, but I love it. We, I mean me and Matthew because daddy couldn't get out of bed, went to the parade in the morning and then Tyler joined a little later to play games and go to the booths and stuff. We were so excited for the races because me and Matthew and Grandma Dell had been practicing for days. I was so upset that they decided not to do them this year. Matthew totally would have won, well him and Ellie probably would have tied. Anyways, so we sat in the heat and ate ice cream and played with water balloons and ran around all day. Matthew had a great time and got to see alot of his little cousins.


That night we barbecued at Uncle Sam's house. Ashly had a bunch of those little popper things that you throw on the ground and she tried to teach Matthew how to use them but he couldn't throw them hard enough so we had to have him stomp on them. It was so funny because he doesn't have the best coordination yet and it took him about five tries to step on one little popper.

We weren't sure how Matty was going to do with the fireworks so we didn't take him to the park. We decided to watch them from my parents' house on the hill and it turned out pretty well. They have a really good view of the fireworks but we didn't have to listen to all the loud ones they set off on the ground at the park.

Relaxing with dad and grandpa.

Hanging with Zak and Caleb (and Ellie in the background).



Trying to step on the poppers.

2 comments:

~Kitten~ said...

He is so dang cute. I got a couple really cute pix of him on the 4th too. IF you'll get me your e mail address I'll get them to you.Take care Love Ya Kitten

Mrs. Terrible said...

I love the picture of Tyler holding him while he's trying to eat his ice cream. Don't feel too bad. I not so great at keeping up on the blog thing either.