This year Tyler has been really busy branding cows on the weekends. This is one of the first trips that Matthew got to go on with his dad and Sam. Tyler had to go to Rainbow Canyon and he decided this was the time Matthew needed to go since it wasn't too hot yet. I think it is so pretty up there so I agreed. I think that Matthew had a great time. At first I took him on the four-wheeler when we went to round up the cows, but then he wanted to go on the horse, so he rode with his dad until he almost fell asleep. When we got back to camp he was so interested in what everyone was doing. He acted so good all day. The only thing is, he doesn't really like cows for some reason, so he didn't want me to put him on the ground anywhere near them. He does the same thing at our house. He will go with his dad to feed the horses but when Tyler walks to the steer corrals he stands on the little hill and yells at his dad the whole time.
This branding expedition was kind of interesting because they were short handed so even the smaller kids had jobs. I was amazed at how they totally knew what to do. They were giving shots and spraying medicine on wounds and all kinds of things. I have been around when we have branded a lot but I have never actually had to participate. I guess these little guys just grow up doing it. It was kind of cute.
This is a picture of the canyon. I love it there.
This is at the beginning of the day when they had to go round up the cows. If you look close you can see Matthew's little arm sticking out. He got to ride with his dad.
Matthew loves Tyler's cowboy hats. He has one of his own, but he is always so proud of himself when he gets to steal his dad's.
Tyler getting some work done.
Sorry, this picture is probably kind of graphic for some people.
At the end of the day.



No comments:
Post a Comment