Monday, November 24, 2008

Ok, so I need advice from all you mommies out there. My kid has decided that he no longer wants to eat solid food. He hates baby food and I want him to eat it because it is healthier than what we eat, but he throws a fit and the pictures below show what he ends up looking like by the time we are done. He will eat crackers and cheerios and some stuff he can feed himself but that is about it. Any suggestions on kid friendly food that I may not have thought of yet?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I know that Austin did the same thing! He ate jar food for maybe 2wks! So i would buyJuicy Juice brand fruit & veggie juice to supplement his fruit(he didn't like fruit for about a year!) Fruit cups work too. You can also buy him fresh fruit & veggies & blend them up so they aren't liquidy but so they have just a little texture. They also have toddler meals that are a little more hearty like the Gerber brand that you can heat in the microwave. They are more of a finger food-he may just want to feed himself, my 2 nephews HATE being fed & won't eat unless they do it themselves. My sis & sis in law give them food they can just feed themselves easy. Like pasta, bread, ect. anything that is soft and chewy & easy to eat for him. Hope that helps, let me know if you need any more suggestions.

The Yardley's said...

Oh good luck with that Chels! My girls where the WORST! Fallon still is- all she wants is that nasty baby food- I hate it! Everytime I give her anything with texture she just gags it, and usually ends up wearing everything! We have been trying to wean her from the you know what- Yeah it ain't workin' so well either!Ryan is gonna be screwed next week when the rodeo starts and he can't feed her! I'm already laughing at that- pay backs suck huh! Good luck- when you find the solution let me know!

audreyspencer said...

Feeding has been the biggest challenge with us and Sid. From the time she was 12 months and still now, it is a battle. (She nursed till she was 15 months)! She hated baby food. She would eat the peaches sometimes. Try corn, peas, bananas, mashed potatoes-but not so thick so they gag, bread. I made Mac and Cheese sometimes and cut it up a little. Not too nutritious, but when you start getting desperate, that's what she would eat. You can make things like french fries more nutritious by baking them instead of frying. Also, those fruit cups are pretty good. And Sid loved Mandarin Oranges. Weird one.

--Call me when you're in town sometime and we can talk about a blanket--.

Nilsson Family said...

Well shoot.. Don't you just hate the funny stages they go through. And when it comes to eating, Daxton is the worst. He never ate the baby food. He didn't like it much. So by nine months he was eating everything we ate. But he did have all of his teeth already. I would worry about the healthy thing too, but I decided I couldn't force him to eat anything. And it looks like you have noticed that too. Everybody has left you some good ideas. I would also add, he will get what he needs. I can't believe I just said that cuz nobody can tell me that, I get so mad. But maybe his body needs more of the thicker foods for energy. And just try to give him some vitamins. I don't mean to sound like I know everything, Ha Ha. I still can't get my child to eat. Some days he with go all day with only eating a thing or two. So good luck!!:)

Mrs. Terrible said...

My pediatrician said that it's a texture thing. Every kid I have ever known has done it, except for Brooklynn, but she was a fatass at best when she was that age.